8:00-8:10 am WELCOME AND INTRODUCTIONS
OBJECTIVE: Provide an overview of the Boots to Business program, the 2-day workshop, and Introduction to Feasibility Analysis.
- Richard CoffelOBJECTIVE: Provide an overview of the entrepreneurial process, what it means to be an entrepreneur, the opportunities and challenges and military skills and attributes that transfer over to entrepreneurship.
- 8:10–8:55 am. Module 1: INTRODUCTION TO BUSINESS OWNERSHIP
- Jim Cassidy
8:55-9:05 am BREAK
9:05–9:35 am Module 2: BASICS OF OPPORTUNITY RECOGNITION
OBJECTIVE: Describe the process and activities related to understanding the ‘business case’ for turning an idea into a sustainable business concept.
- Richard Coffel OBJECTIVE: Understand how to conduct market research, the importance of market research, and also the basics of competitive strategy/analysis
- 9:45-10:30 am Module 3: MARKET RESEARCH
- 9:35–9:45 am BREAK
- Ivan Corrales10:40-11:20 am Module 4: THE ECONOMICS OF SMALL BUSINESS
- OBJECTIVE: Understand the foundation for the cost, price, volume relationship, as it informs profit potential and sustainability for the planned venture.
- 10:30-10:40 am BREAK
- Ivan Corrales
- 11:20-12:00 pm Module 6: FINANCING YOUR VENTURE
OBJECTIVE: Understand the resources required to execute your venture concept; understand the different opportunities to fund start-up and subsequent growth; opportunities and challenges associated with each
- Ivan Corrales
12:00-1:00 pm LUNCH
1:00-1:30 pm Module 5: PICKING THE CORRECT LEGAL ENTITY FOR YOUR BUSINESS
OBJECTIVE: Understand the various legal forms of a business; opportunities and challenges associated with each; offer an overview of other legal considerations impacting veteran-owned business; government contracting.
- Richard CoffelOBJECTIVE: Leveraging the Nuts & Bolts Guide to Business Planning, understanding how to move from feasibility analysis to constructing a viable and fundable business plan.
- 1:30–2:15 pm. MOVING FORWARD – BUSINESS PLANNING
- Scott Bucher2:25–3:00 pm DOING BUSINESS WITH THE GOV’T; RESOURCES AVAILABLE TO SUPPORT YOU
- OBJECTIVE: Learn how to take advantage of opportunities of doing business with the government; understand the variety of free or low-cost resources available to assist you in executing your venture concept;
- 2:15–2:25 pm BREAK
- Richard Coffel
- THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING AND BEST SUCCESS IN YOUR ENTREPRENEURIAL ENDEAVORS
- 3:00 pm WRAP-UP COMMENTS AND DISCUSSION OF 8 WEEK ONLINE COURSE SIGN-UP
For more information please contact:
Richard Coffel @ 505-383-2402 or Richard.email@example.com